I'm happy to state that the months of hard work of Stratos2 team is about to payoff, as we at WSO2 think that the revamped WSO2 Stratos (i.e. WSO2 Stratos 2.0.0) has come to a saturation point for its first general availability release.
Here's the release note...
WSO2 Stratos 2.0.0 Foundation is Released
WSO2 Stratos2 team is pleased to announce the general availability (GA) of WSO2 Stratos 2.0.0 Foundation.
WSO2 Stratos 2.0.0 comes with an easy to configure demo setup that can be run on Amazon EC2. Please refer to the Quick Start Guide of the Getting Started section for more information.
Following table lists down the Stratos 2.0.0 AWS EC2 AMIs available in respective regions.
Asia Pacific (Singapore) Region
US East - 1 (N. Virginia) Region
Stratos 2.0.0 Command Line Interface (CLI) Tool is available here to download and Stratos 2.0.0 Wiki Documentation is now publicly available.
WSO2 Stratos 2.0.0 is the next major version of WSO2 Stratos 1.x, the most complete, enterprise-grade, open PaaS, with support for more core services than any other available PaaS today.
Following are the Key features available in Stratos 2.0.0.
- Plug-able architecture allows you to add support for new Cartridges, easily.
- Support for PHP, Tomcat and MySQL and WSO2 Carbon cartridges (AS, ESB, BPS etc.)
- Support for puppet based cartridge creation for WSO2 Carbon cartridges.
- Artifact Distribution Coordinator (ADC) with support for external Git and GitHub repositories.
- Tenant-Aware Elastic Load Balancer (ELB).
- Cloud Controller (CC) provides support for multiple IaaSes (EC2, OpenStack, vCloud) through jclouds APIs.
- Cloud Controller (CC) can be easily extended to support any IaaS that jclouds supports.
- Policy based Auto-scaling allows you to calibrate the frequency of scale ups/downs.
- Git-based Deployment Synchronizer, synchronizes artifacts across all the nodes in your service cluster.
- Interactive CLI Tool and a Graphical User Interface, for your tenants to perform various operations on Stratos2 Foundation.
- Custom domain mapping support for your Cartridge subscriptions.
- Demo purpose internal GIT repository support.
- Usage metering and Billing.
- Thoroughly written Wiki Documentation (User Guide, Architecture Guide etc.)
- Demo Ready, Public, AWS EC2 Stratos 2.0 setup.
WSO2 Stratos 2.0.0 installation scripts are available to be downloaded for AWS EC2 IaaS and OpenStack IaaS, from our product page http://wso2.com/cloud/stratos/
Core product packs of WSO2 Stratos 2.0.0 Foundation can be downloaded from http://dist.wso2.org/
All the known issues related to this release are reported in the WSO2 Stratos 2.0.0 JIRA.
WSO2 Inc. offers a variety of development and production support programs, ranging from Web-based support up through normal business hours, to premium 24x7 phone support. For additional support information please refer to http://wso2.com/support. For more information on WSO2 Stratos 2.0.0 release please visit http://wso2.com/cloud/stratos/
Bug Fixes and Improvements in this Release
Bug Fixes: Stratos2.0-GA-Bugs Filter
Improvements: Stratos2.0-GA-Improvements Filter
Tasks: Stratos2.0-GA-Tasks Filter~~ WSO2 Stratos2 Team ~~